Research & Learning
- Research on practices related to art-based learning in Japan and around the world
- Research & development for providers of art-based learning
- Partnerships and joint research projects with other organizations
- Organization of seminars, symposiums, conferences on research
- Advocacy work based on research
E-lab Study Group
A study group met for 6 monthly sessions with the purpose of training EGAKU Program support staff. The program covered the history and development of EGAKU, the philosophy of program founder and artist Kunihiko YAZAWA, and sharing of case studies of program adoption for different target groups.
Nemunoki Museum of Art Study Tour
Study tour of the Nemunoki Children’s Museum of Art in Shizuoka, organized as part of the Shingetsu Seminar Program.
Naoshima Art Study Tour
2-day study tour of the art island, Naoshima, in the Seto Inland Sea of Japan, organized as part of the Shingetsu Seminar Program.
Shingetsu (New Moon) Seminar Program
12-part seminar program for experienced EGAKU practitioners. The curriculum covered a broad range of topics including the foundations of art management, the role of art in society and the history of the relationship between art and society, art and learning, art and life, art and work.